Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Personalized henna


This past Saturday was Washburn's sadies was this weekend so I was hit up by a friend attending the dance for some sweet Poison Ivy inspired henna vines to go along with her dress! I started the arm with a rose on the ball of the shoulder. ♥‿♥




Side arm view - The vines are more branchlike at the top but they thin and become more curving and splayed as we go down the arm.



She had a slit on her dress near her upper thigh so we added a flower and additional vines there.


Finished off the look with a few floral nail accents. Totally dug this look and wish I had time to do the other arm similarly!
 (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ 
Overall I loved being there to do such a personalized request! Luckily this prominent style of mine fit the particular request, but I still liked having the obstacle of certain request and a time limit. Definitely would love to try more personalized larger pieces for a different style(s). I had about an hour or so to do this one in a coffee shop with her but with more time I would have loved to see where this could have gone: maybe less major skin breaks, added foliage/flowers and thicker vines might have brought a more intense, finished feel! Either way loved this and my client and hope to do something similar soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment