Thursday, January 22, 2015

Recent Henna design


Most recent henna's 1/15/15 - 1/22/15

I completed this arm piece about a week ago. On my own body, this is my favorite design. Flowers are the most beautiful natural creations to me, very delicate and flowing little life forms that have no personified features but they still can hold real emotion by simply being. Trees and scenery also fall into this category for me. I feel that if someday I did cover my body with actual tattoos - this would no doubt be the subject of my eternal markings. I also love the idea of finally having some actual color and blacking on my skin instead of this orangey-red color. Don't get me wrong, I love henna, especially because I am a redhead and my hair goes well with the orange unlike other hair colors/skin types. Black henna does exist but it's the equivalent of keeping black hair dye (in YOUR dead SKIN cells,) for the amount of time until it sloughs off! I never use black henna because of the health risks accompanied with using the product, I don't want a bubbling skin injury and an indent of the henna I got once in my life! This does happen very sparingly to the people that are allergic to the chemicals in the substance, and even natural henna has health risks for people allergic to citrus fruits. 

So I stick to the orange for now! 






In the last few days however I tried to start my whole left arm and continue marking all up the arm with just roses/vines/leaves:


I plan to try to finish my arm later tonight and then try the other one because of my past feats doing my opposite hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment